The requirements are:
- Templates created based on the type of document
- Folders for loading and unloading documents on server
- Intermediate table/s for data transfer
All documents to be processed must be editable PDF files, that is, data contained therein has been digitized and transformed into editable and searchable data. This is not part of the scope of Axional OCR application.
The files to be processed should have been located in the Folder file entry previously defined in Load settings.
- Access the Axional OCR application.
- Access External integration/Load process: a query screen will be displayed.
- Select the Source code to be applied: this way the load configuration will be used to split file into documents and to apply templates.
- Press Execute/Run button: files have been integrated into the system.
Loaded files from Folder file entry are automatically moved to Processed folder. By doing so, it is easy to check which documents have been processed or not.
Every time a file is upload the system assigns and ID BATCH number. After splitting the file, all split documents will keep the same ID BATCH number.
It is advisable to verify that all documents have been correctly split and that all data fields have been correctly extracted.
- Access Data Extraction/Management of templates/Documents. The document status will inform you about the data extraction process:
- New: no template has been assigned and consequently the data extraction process has not yet taken place.
- Incomplete: some fields show the Error message because data extraction was not possible.
- Canceled: the user has canceled the previous results.
- Validated: all fields show the Validated message because data extraction was correct.
- Transfer: data document has been correctly transferred to intermediate table.
IMPORTANTIf template has been modified in order to solve errors or make improvements, it is necessary to press APPLY TEMPLATE button to repeat the data extraction process.
From the form Document, it is possible to access VALUES tab. This screen shows each document field and the corresponding extracted data, and this data is editable.
This option is especially interesting when a mandatory field is not in the original document: here this field can be added manually.
- Select EDIT icon of desired field.
- Modify data.
Only documents that have the status Verified can be transferred.
- Access form Data Extraction/Management of templates/Documents.
- Access desired document.
- Press TRANSFER BUTTON: the document status will change to "transfer".
The OCR application is provided with various reports and statistics for operation control. By this way it is easy to evaluate possible incidents and improve the system based on the information obtained.