In retail, returning is the process of a customer taking previously purchased merchandise back to the retailer, and in turn, receiving a cash refund, exchange for another item (identical or different), or store credit.
1 Access to return tickets
To access the return tickets, click on the store's options (see figure).
Each ticket option displays the following icons, in an enabled or disabled state:
- Customer. Requires to register the customer code.
- Source. Requires to inform the source document.
- Questions. Requires to fill in extra questions.
2 Returns validated
These types of return tickets require some type of validation. This validation can be the source document, the client or both.
Returns that require the original ticket are the most detailed as they display the original ticket. It includes the original prices and the quantity of non-returned units. The following description includes a step-by-step to create a return ticket validated.
- Access the return tickets by clicking on the ticket options.
- Select the type Return validated.
- Enter the source ticket code: the screen display the original ticket, including quantities and prices.
- Modify the number of product or products from the original quantity,
in such a way that the ticket shows the number of products that the customer will return.
Now the system displays a new amount in a negative sign that will be returned to the customer.
Now there are a few possible options:
- Pause the return ticket: the process is momentarily paused and the return ticket can be retrieved.
- Delete the return ticket: the return ticket is permanently deleted.
- Close the return ticket: the ticket is closed and the payment procedure starts.
- Once the Close ticket button is selected, a new screen with the payment method will be displayed.
- Select the payment method and press the PAY or PAY & PRINT button.
- The return validated ticket has been created and can be retrieved from the closed tickets list.
3 Returns non validated
These types of tickets allow any type of change without any prior validation.
- Access to ticket type by clicking on the ticket options.
- Select the type Returns.
- Select the product/s that the customer wants to return and add them to the cart: this process is similar when creating new sales tickets. Define the number of units.
- Acces the cart: check that all returned products are on the return ticket.
This method is not recommended because the prices may not be the same as the paid by the customer, and it does not reflect the possible discounts during purchasing.
- The payment method will be displayed: select the payment method and press the PAY or PAY & PRINT button.
- The return ticket has been created and can be retrieved from the closed tickets list.