This section is a quick guide to show the operation of the
Axional Projects application.
Through this guide you will learn how to:
- Create a project
- Create a board
- Add lists
- Add and move cards
- Create a team
- Invite a member
- Archive cards
- Recover archived cards
At the end of each section, there is a video demonstration of this step by step guide. Note for pdf version: these videos are only available in the online version.
For further information, read the entire User guide.
1 Creating a project
In the left menu of the main screen of the application:
- Click on the Create project button.
A wizard on the screen will guide you to create the new project: follow the given instructions.
- Project name: (required) globally unique name for your project.
- Project prefix: (required) key name used to briefly identify your project. Choose a descriptive and easy one.
- Starting number: enter a value if you want to start numbering cards with a number other than 1. Description: enter an optional description for the project.
- Press the
STEP 2 (optional)
- Project title: name of the project title of the banner.
- Project banner: optionally choose a banner design between multiple possibilities.
- Press the
2 Creating a board
The boards can only exist within a project. You can assign more than one board to each project. Use more than one board if the tasks to be assigned are independent and require different teams or users.
- Access the desired project.
- Click on the Create board option. A wizard on the screen will guide you to create the new board: follow the given instructions. Keep in mind that only the name of the board is mandatory.
STEP 1: Name your board
- Name: use a name that defines the work to be performed. You cannot change it after created.
- Set start date: indicate participants/team when work should start, regardless of the board creation date.
- Set end date: usually works require strict deadlines. Enter the expected completion date so that participants or the entire team are aware.
- Budget hours: indicate the budgeted hours to avoid deviations from the original approach.
- Select a team: if you are clear about the participants in this work and the team already exists, select it from the options shown in the dropdown menu.
- Press the button.
STEP 2: Customize your work
- Select a background: you can customize your board by changing the background. Choose from thirty-five different background colors or one picture from an extensive photo gallery. Once you have customized the background, all other users who share it will see that same background.
- Press the button.
STEP 3: Choose a template
Select a template: a board template allows you to copy a master board to create boards based on the same content and organization.
It is the perfect way to replicate a process or workflow. Currently, there are three types of templates:
- Kanban: an issue-tracking project preconfigured to apply the Kanban method.
- Scrum: an issue project preconfigured to apply the Scrum method.
- Backlog: a standard-issue tracking project.
- Press the button. The new board has been created based on the template and background selected.
- Select a template: a board template allows you to copy a master board to create boards based on the same content and organization. It is the perfect way to replicate a process or workflow. Currently, there are three types of templates:
To view the new dashboard on the project, the page may need to be reloaded .
For further information on boards, see Boards section.
3 Adding lists
The lists can only exist within a board.
- Access a board and just click on the + Add a list button on your board and name it: use a unique, short and descriptive name.
- Then press the button.
Each list represents a phase of the process or a required step to achieve your goal or simply a list of things to do. Boards can include as many lists as necessary.
Lists can be easily moved to another position using the drop and drag method.
4 Adding and moving cards
The most usual way is to create cards within a list. Procedure:
- Access the desired board.
- Click on + Add card button, located on the desired list.
- Enter the name of the card (short description) and click on the button. The new card has been created.
To learn other ways of creating cards or issues, see the Cards and Issues section.
Usually, each list represents a phase of the process or a required step to achieve. When a card has overcome that phase, it is time to move it to the next list. For this purpose:
- Select desired card.
- Using the drag and drop method, move it to the next phase.
5 Creating a team
teams usually share issues and remain coordinated. Use them for groups or ongoing departments like Marketing, Administration or Technical Office.
When necessary, you can also create new interdepartmental teams.
On the left menu of the application:
- Click on the Team icon: the team screen will be displayed.
- Click on the Create team button: a wizard on the screen will guide you to create the new project, just by following the instructions.
- Name: (required) globally unique name for your team.
- Team description: briefly describe this team.
- Who has access: shows the current members of the team.
- Invite people: select an existing user from the drop-down list. New members are normal users by default. Select between Normal user or Admin user from the drop-down list clicking on the edit icon.
6 Inviting members
Users can be invited to a board, as an individual user or as part of a team.
- Access desired board
- Click on the Invite button and select a user/s from the dropdown menu or,
- Click on the Personal button and select a team from the dropdown menu.
The board will display the picture or the name initials of those members invited to the board. They will be informed via e-mail that they have been invited to join the board.
Now these users can be assigned to cards. Procedure:
On the top right side of the card there is the Add to card menu, where you can:
- Members: add users or members from the team to the card, those directly related to the fulfillment of the card task.
7 Archiving cards
When a task has been finished, it is recommended to archive it since they use up space unnecessarily.
On the bottom right side of the card there is the Actions option, where you can:
Archive: when a card is archived, it disappears from the board. This action is
Delete: optionally, it is possible to delete the card once it has been archived, just by clicking on the delete button. This action is
8 Recovering archived cards
It is possible to retrieve an already archived card.
- Display the board right menu option.
- Select the Archived Items option.
- Choose the card you want to retrieve and press Send to Board.