1 How to create a project
In the left menu of the main screen of the application:
This gives access to the projects in which you participate.
- Click on the Create project button.
A wizard on the screen will guide you to create the new project: follow the given instructions.
Remember that during the time you remain in the wizard you will have, available on the screen, the options back (return to the previous screen) or cancel (which will stop the creation process).
- Project name: (required) globally unique name for your project. It cannot be modified after created.
- Project prefix: (required) key name used to briefly identify your project. Choose a descriptive and easy one.
- Starting number: enter a value if you want to start numbering cards with a number other than 1.
- Description: enter an optional description for the project.
- Press the
STEP 2 (optional)
- Project title: name of the project title of the banner
- Project banner: optionally choose a banner design between multiple possibilities.
- Press the
After creating a project, a
Backlog board is automatically generated with the name of the project.
For further information, see
The Backlog board of the project.
2 The project settings
This section specifies all the possibilities and options that the project settings offer. Have in mind that, only the creators of the project have the necessary permissions to configure it.
To configure one project:
- Click on the Project icon. This will show the list of all the projects created by you, as well as the projects shared with you in which you participate.
- Use the name of each column to sort the projects list in ascending or descending order.
- To archive one project, click on the
At a later point, it will be possible to restore archived projects. For this purpose, click on the View archived projects option: it allows access to the list of archived projects. Select the ↻ Unarchive project button to restore it. The unarchive option is only available for a limited period of time. On the contrary, if you click on the - DELETE button, the project will be permanently deleted. This option is irreversible.
- To edit one of your projects, click on the
edit icon of the project to be modified. From here you can modify:
- General settings
- E-mail accounts
2.1 General settings
If you skipped any optional steps during the creation of the project, or you have decided to change some options like the background, do not suffer, simply edit the project.
Besides, you can define a customer for this project: this customer must have been previously defined in the Customers screen. For further information, see the Customers section.
When a customer is assigned to a project, no other customers can be assigned to the cards or boards of this project.
- Modify name, description or customer: click on the edit icon of the option to be modified.
- Modify background: move through the background gallery and click on the desired one for this project.
Archive a project: when a project has finished or is no longer operative,
it can be archived by clicking on the
▊ Archive project button. This leads to offload it from primary access.
At a later point it will be possible to restore archived projects. For this purpose, you have only to access the previous Project sheet. Click on the View archived projects option: it allows access to the list of archived projects. Select the ↻ Unarchive project button to restore it. The unarchive option is only available for a limited period of time. On the contrary, if you click on the - DELETE button, the project will be permanently deleted. This option is irreversible.
2.2 E-mail accounts
Receive e-mail messages for your project: one or more e-mail accounts can be defined in order to receive messages related to this project.
From any email address, it is possible to send an email with or without attachments. This message will directly become a card, and it will be displayed in the next few minutes after the email was sent in the selected list of that project.
- Click on the Add e-mail button to add a new e-mail account.
- Click on the edit icon of the e-mail account to be modified.
- Click on the delete icon of the e-mail account to be erased.
2.2.1 The mail list
The list of all the e-mail accounts of all the existing projects within Axional Projects can be consulted on the Mail list screen.
This lists only displays the address sufix of the project, so remember to add the Axional Projects account created by the
administrator. In this example:
- Axional Projects account: email@example.com
- Address sufix: ak
- email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2.2 My tickets
When you send a message to an e-mail address of a project to which you do not belong, you can follow the evolution of that message through the My tickets screen, in the form of a card.
This screen shows by default the Non completed cards from messages, but you can also display the Completed ones by selecting this option on the drop-down menu.
View unassigned incoming issues and take actions to redirect to the corresponding board.
Projects can define their own activities. These activities can be later assigned to cards or to boards as a way to classify them. For instance, for one project, we can define that one board is for support, another for production, etc. This way we know which activity is performed on each board or card. When an activity is assigned to a board, no other activities can be assigned to the cards of that board.
- Click on the Add activity button to define a new activity.
- Click on the
edit icon of the activity to be modified.
- Uncheck the Status indicator to change one activity from Active to Closed.
- Click on the delete icon of activity to be erased.
Assign activities to a board is not mandatory. In those cases, cards can assign their own activity to classify them.
3 Creating a project document
Create documents from the application itself. Use this tool to work collaboratively or to have all the information you need at hand. Edit your texts as many times as necessary.
These documents will be visible to all members who belong to a board of this project. In the same way, all members will be able to edit them.
- Click on the Project icon.
- Click on the name of the project where you want to create a document.
- Click on the Document icon.
- Click on the Create document button or optionally you can use an existing template. Follow the wizard steps:
Document name: use a brief but concise name.
Document abstract: enter an abstract giving a brief and factual summary of the document,
even though it may also appear elsewhere in the body.
- Click on the CONTINUE button.
- Select a cover color or upload an existing image.
- Click on the CREATE button. The document has been created.
- Document name: use a brief but concise name.
- Start editing the document: write, format, add pictures... Use the Save icon when finished.
- To save, make a copy, move, move to bin, download the document, or access document details, click on the File option: a drop-down menu appears, listing all these options.