Calendar tool is located on the left-hand side of the screen; it allows the users to track activities, appointments, events, holidays, etc.
1 General View
In the image shown below, the user can see all available features:
- (1) CALENDAR: the user can set their preferred calendar view: daily, weekly, monthly or list mode.
- (2) SETTINGS: the user can define their default preferences.
- (3) LINKING: through this option, a user can grant access to another user in order to view, edit, or delete a public event they have created.
- (4) GROUP: displays the shared calendar of the groups which the user is a part of. Users can choose which groups' events they see.
- (5) DATE: the current date is shown centered at the top of the screen.
- (6) SEARCH: allows the user to search a current or future event by its title.
- (7) ARROWS: using navigational arrows, the user can jump to past or future days, weeks or months.
Below is more detail about some of these features:
If the user clicks on configuration options, they can access:
- (1) DEFAULT VIEW: establishes the user's preferred default calendar view (day, week, month or list).
- (2) DEFAULT STATUS: establishes the user's preferred default calendar status (private, public, or busy).
- (3) VIEW TASKS: allows the user to determine which groups they want to appear in their calendar by default.
- (4) RECEIVE REMINDER: provides the option for the user to receive email notifications about their events scheduled for the next day.
- (4) REMIND ME: provides the option for the user to receive reminders before an event. Reminders can be sent hours, days or weeks in advance.
This feature allows the user to share their calendar with others through linking options. The tools contained within this option are:
- (1) USER: another user's name must be entered in order to share a calendar with them.
- (2) PERMISSION: the other users' permissions must be defined. Users may have permission to view, edit, or delete an event.
- (3) GUESTS: this section shows who has permissions on the user's calendar.
- (4) HOSTS: this section shows which calendars the user has permission to access as a guest.
- (5) INVITE: confirms the invitation to access a calendar.
2 Add Event
To add an event, the user must click on the desired day and hour. After that, the system will display the following information:
- (1) TITLE: establishes the title of the event.
- (2) OWNER: the system automatically determines who created the event, and displays the information here.
- (3) DATE AND TIME: allows the user to choose the start and end time of an event. In addition, they can set the event to last all day.
- (4) SHARING: allows the user to choose the privacy settings they prefer for their events.
- (5) TYPE: allows the user to select the event type: breakfast, anniversary, interview, etc.
- (6) REMINDER: sets how far in advance a reminder/alert will be sent.
- (7) NOTES: optional notes and comments section.
- (8) LOCATION: defines the location of an event.
- (9) LINK: sets an external link to the event, if needed.
- (10) INVITATIONS: allows the user to share the event with another user.
3 Edit or Delete Event
To edit or delete an event, simply click it, and the system will display the same data described above.
With the exception of the event creator, only users with permissions will be able to edit or delete an event.