Disk tool provides the user with file and folder management capabilities. It can be found at the top of the screen by clicking this icon:
1 General View
In the following image, the user can see all options available on the disk desktop:
- Explorer: allows the user to view all folders hierarchically. In addition, a recycling bin stores all removed files/folders, allowing the user to restore or permanently delete them.
- Tags: allows the user to classify files/folders through tags.
- Notifications: shows the files/folders that have been shared with the user.
Usage: allows the user to view the percentage of disk space in use. Space is shared by all system utilities, and maximum capacity is set by the
- Search: used to search a particular file/folder by name.
- Structuring panel: allows the user to choose whether to structure files/folders in vertical or horizontal mode.
- Desktop options: allows the user to add, refresh and share folders, and add or upload files.
- Add icon: allows the user to create a new file or import files and folders.
This tool allows the user to tag folders and files with colors. In the following video, the user can see how a tag is created:
To edit (1) or delete (2) a tag, the user must click on the tag to display two icons, as in the following image:
To view the folders and files that have been shared with the user, click on the bell icon. The following image will appear, with two icons to delete (1) or accept (2) notifications.
1.3 Desktop Options
This tool is located at the top of the screen. It can be used to:
- (1) ADD FOLDER: create a folder on the main screen.
- (2) NEW FILE: create a .txt file.
- (3) UPLOAD FILE: attach files from user's computer to the disk.
- (4) REFRESH FOLDER: update data for a particular folder.
- (5) SHARE FOLDER: share a user's folders with other users.
All files stored on this application must have one of the following formats: XML (Extensible Markup Language), HTML (standard web format), and document text (plain text, .txt extension). Nevertheless, when a user creates a file, it can only be in .txt format.
1.4 Folder/File Options
If the user right-clicks on folders or files, they can access the following options:
- (1) DOWNLOAD FILE: download the file from Axional to the user's computer.
- (2) INFORMATION: view file information such as path, file type, size, date created, and last date modified. In addition, the user can also see file attributes such as author, title, description and properties.
- (3) RENAME FILE: change a folder name or filename.
- (4) MOVE FILE: move the file/folder to another location.
- (5) UPDATE FILE: attach a new version of a file.
- (6) TAGS: classify folders and files with tags.
- (7) EDIT ATTRIBUTE: edit the attributes of folders and files.
- (8) SHARE FOLDER: share user folders with other users.
- (9) DELETE FOLDER/FILE: delete a folder or file.
1.5 Add Icon
This button allows the user to quickly import (1) a folder or file and add (2) a new file.